All work with our clients is confidential within
the bounds of professional supervision.
Each therapist adheres to the Code of Ethics
of their respective professional body.
What we offer
Psychotherapy & Psychological Assessments
We provide both short term and long term psychotherapy and psychological assessments for adults, adolescents and children. Depending on the needs of the client and the particular issues, we may do an assessment before proceeding to work with the individual, the couple or the family. We have particular experience in working with people who are experiencing unsatisfactory or uncomfortable relationships, stressful and conflictual family lives, parenting challenges, feelings of anxiety and depression, grief and loss, traumatic life experiences, physical, emotional and/or sexual abuse, compulsive behaviour including addictions and eating problems, immigration and adjustment problems.
Often we work with people experiencing identity confusion and self-doubt and who have feelings of meaninglessness or emptiness. We also provide support for those who are keen to know more about themselves, develop greater self awareness, communicate more effectively and live more satisfying lives.
We adapt our approach to fit each client, but we have particular experience in working with people with these sorts of issues:
- Unsatisfying or destructive relationships
- Stressful and conflictual family lives
- Struggles with parenting including support for those with young children
- Children and adolescents experiencing difficulties at home or at school
- Feelings of anxiety and depression
- Grief and loss
- Traumatic events
- Physical, sexual and emotional abuse
- Confusion and self-doubt as well as identity issues
- Pervasive feelings of meaninglessness or emptiness
- Compulsive behaviour including addictions and eating problems
- Organisational and work place dynamics
- Immigration and adjustment problems
We also provide support for those who are keen to get to know themselves, to develop greater self-awareness and to live more satisfying and complete lives.
- Children and adolescents
- We offer clinical supervision to individuals, groups and institutions in the health field, or to corporate groups and organisations who are struggling with interpersonal dynamics.
- Immigration transition group
- Mother and baby's group
- Individual mother's programme - five sessions preparing emotionally for birth and motherhood
Third Party Funding Options
- Work and Income (WINZ) - If you are on a benefit or low income, or if you are a full time student, you may be eligible for a WINZ disability allowance. Contact WINZ for details.
- Employee funding - Since work place stress was legally recognised as a work place hazard many employees offer up to three free counselling sessions. Check with your HR manager for details.
- Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) - subject to assessment, ACC may fund counselling or psychotherapy needed as a result of physical injury, sexual abuse or sexual assault. You must apply to ACC and use an ACC approved counsellor or psychotherapist.