Miranda Thorpe (nee Bolton)
Qualifications: Registered Psychotherapist • BA • Grad Dip Psychotherapy • PGC Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy • PGC Supervision • NZIPP • IARPP • NZAP (Certificate in Advanced Clinical Practice) • PPAA...
A person usually consults a psychotherapist when they feel 'stuck' or overwhelmed. The therapist, a trained and experienced listener, develops a working relationship with the client based on curiosity, insight and empathy. Together they develop a deep understanding of the underlying, often unconscious, issues causing the client's distress. The new awareness is to enable the client to make better choices, free them from destructive patterns and provide sustainable solutions.
I provide short-term and long-term psychotherapy and counselling, with over twenty years of experience working with individuals, couples and families across a broad range of difficulties. I also provide psychoanalytic psychotherapy for those wanting to work in a deeper way primarily to address unconscious issues. I have in-depth experience and interest in working with problems of attachment, abuse and trauma, grief and loss, depression, stress and anxiety, somatic (mind-body) issues, parenting difficulties, immigration and adjustment. I specialise in treating relationship problems, in particular couple and family relationships, including blended families, and relationship dynamics in the work place.
I offer a five session "Motherhood Programme" to help pregnant mothers understand their new in utero relationship, bond better and help protect against post natal depression.
I have done the specialised supervision training and am an experienced supervisor of psychotherapists, counsellors, general practitioners, agencies and other health professionals.
As well as English I also offer therapy in French, Spanish and Portuguese.
- B.A. (Double Major)
- Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy AUT (three year full-time post-graduate course)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy AUT
- Post graduate Certificate in Supervision AUT
- Advanced Clinical Practice Certificate from New Zealand Association of Psychotherapists
- Specialised training in both Family Therapy and in Couples Therapy
- DVA accredited (to work with victims of domestic violence)
- Prior university tutor for AUT Post Graduate Certificate in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy course
- Registered Psychotherapist with The Psychotherapy Board of Aotearoa New Zealand
- Member of the New Zealand Associations of Psychotherapists
- Member of International Association of Relational Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis
- Member, and Executive Secretary, of the New Zealand Institute of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- Member of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Association of Australasia
- Registered with Victim Support
- $140 (incl GST) for individual therapy
- $155 (incl GST) for couples and families
- $155 (incl GST) for supervision
Please leave me a voice message on my confidential direct dial number with your name and telephone number or send me an email.
- Phone: (09) 477-3762
- Email: Miranda@PsychotherapyAtApollo.co.nz
BA, Grad Dip Psychotherapy...
Dip Teaching, Grad Dip...
Cees J Breuseker
Registered Psychotherapist, MA, NZAP, PPAA, NZAP Supervisor...
Dr Lynelle Gillard
Registered Clinical Psychologist, DClinPsy, Dip Bus Studies...
Registered Psychotherapist, PBANZ, BACP, MA...
Dr Mark Thorpe
Registered Clinical Psychologist, BA BA (Hons), MA (Clin. Psych)...
Registered Psychotherapist, PBANZ, MSc. Psychology...
Jan Winch McCarty
Post Grad Cert Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, MNZAC...
Registered Psychologist, BAppSci MSc Psych (1st class...